Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Museum of Little Ladies- Part 2


I walked into the cool confines of my dark room, I bent my head over the latest prints I had to work on.  It was time to work on my window display for the week. I liked to use this time, before Nadia, my secretary came in to get my thoughts together. I was sure that it was only my window ideas which kept me from going bankrupt. This week's collection of vintage frames with my latest portraits of Cecilia could not fail to be to hit with the local audience.

The wind-chimes rang out as the door opened and I stepped out to find Nadia unwrapping herself like a giant Christmas present. The cold weather in Gorgon was getting to her Californian roots and freezing her up like an ice cube. Sometimes, I suspected that the only reason that she came to work with me was thanks to her outsider origins. She sympathized with me and it was wonderful that she could also do the books and my appointment planning and even wield my back up camera when required. She was the closest to a friend I had in this town where I had grown up and lived for 15 years of my life.

"Clara! Good morning! Sorry, I overslept, this weather- I can never get used to. Have you been holing up in your dark room once again? Today is our interview for the assistant photographer job. Do you have all your questions ready?" She fired off one question after the other like a quick loading cannon. "Yes, I am ready. I am going into the kitchen for some coffee. Can you send him into the back room when he arrives? Did you say 10?" As she nodded her assent stuffing a croissant into her mouth, I walked into the kitchen to brew my special coffee.

The windchimes chimed again, as I moved into the backroom. A gust of cold wind hit my face as the door swung open and then it looked like some ancient God of Ice and Snow had walked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment