Monday, January 4, 2016

Museum of Little Ladies-4

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I went into the developing room and got a head start on my latest wedding album and the rest of my day was filled with sittings. I did not even get a moment to breathe, the holiday seasons were always the busiest. My window setting was already done. It was a Christmas tree with ornaments made from my photographs of Britta, a blonde 6 year old. The window was definitely one of my better ideas looking at the amount of business it was driving.

Two days later,walking through the grocery store, I stopped in my tracks in shock. My brain had just clicked into place and the pieces had fallen together.The milk carton with the missing girl's photo was the last connection I needed to make. It was Britta. This had happened every other time is what I had figured out. My window displays and the kidnappings were too close to each other for comfort. They could not possibly be a coincidence. But how and why were the questions I still hadn't solved for.

These thoughts kept buzzing about my mind as I entered the studio that day. I waved away Nadia's coffee offer, did not acknowledge Thomas and left them to deal with some dark haired customer who had just entered. I wanted to go to Jim with my theory, but what would I tell him, there is a connection between my studio and the kidnappings, but it has nothing to do with me? I would be implicating Nadia and Thomas as well without solid evidence or reason. This was of course assuming that he believed me and did not laugh me to the end of Pade County.

No comments:

Post a Comment